Thirteen more municipalities in Lithuania have been added to the red zone of coronavirus-affected localities and are likely to be put under local quarantine.
Twenty-one municipalities, including the cities of Vilnius, Kaunas and Klaipėda, have been previously red-zoned and quarantined. The rules in place include mandatory facemasks in all public places and management of client flows by customer-servicing businesses.
The 13 newly red-zoned municipalities are Prienai, Rietavas, Šalčininkai, Šiauliai City, Šilutė, Tauragė, Utena, Varėna, Kaunas District, Mažeikiai, Molėtai, Palanga, and Panevėžys District.
The following restrictions apply in quarantined municipalities:
– Facemasks are mandatory in all public places.
– One-metre space must be observed in inter-city public transport.
– Groups of more than five people are not allowed, except members of the same household.
– Two-metre distances must be maintained between groups in events and public places.
– Public-sector institutions are switching fully or partially to remote work.
– Retail businesses must manage client flows, ensuring a space of at least 10 square metres per customer.
– Hospital visits are suspended, except in cases where patients are terminally ill, under 14 years old, or women in maternity wards.
– Religious communities are advised to suspend services or avoid crowding.
According to criteria approved by the government last month, municipalities fall into the red category if the number of new coronavirus cases confirmed over the last two weeks exceeds 50 per 100,000 people and the share of positive Covid-19 tests is over 4 percent.
To stay in the green category, municipalities need to keep their case count under 25 per 100,000 people and positive coronavirus tests under 4 percent.
The yellow category applies to those municipalities that have under 50 cases per 100,000 people, but more than 4 percent of positive tests, or between 25 and 150 cases if the share of positive tests is under 4 percent.
More information on coronavirus-related restrictions in Lithuania can be found here.