Lithuanian police and 1,500 recipients last night received three identical e-mail messages with a warning that explosives had been planted in educational establishments, municipal buildings, and other public locations across the country.
Ramūnas Matonis, a spokesperson for the Police Department, told BNS that the bomb threats targeted high schools, kindergartens, municipalities, academies, security companies, libraries, media outlets, galleries, private individuals, and others.
The police ask people receiving such letters to remain calm and report it immediately.
Some schools and kindergartens that received threatening letters on Monday were evacuated, while others decided to continue classes outside.
The letters said that the bombs would explode at 12:12 on Monday, so the police recommended all schools to evacuate at 12:00 for 20 minutes.

Later, the police said that reports of explosives in Lithuanian establishments have not turned out to be true.
“Nothing has exploded. We have received 1,200 reports from people, we are going to all of them. So far, nothing suspicious has been found,” Police Department spokesperson Ramūnas Matonis told BNS on Monday.
Last Friday, schools and kindergartens across Lithuania received 900 bomb threats, all of which proved to be hoaxes.
The State Security Department said on Friday that the bomb threats appeared to be “a targeted and coordinated attack carried out at the initiative of hostile states”.





